Monday, December 1, 2008

A new chapter...

As many of you already know, the Carrier family is relocating to the Houston area. We are excited to begin this new chapter of our lives and sad to say goodbye to so many people and a church we love. We will be going to an area called The Woodlands and Gavin will be working at Faith Bible Church as a Small Groups Pastor.

It is a beautiful area! The one thing that Gavin didn't like from his time in Texas was the lack of trees. The Woodlands is truly the exception. In fact, you can't find anything because it is all hidden behind trees. There is a lovely waterway that goes by the mall and ends about a mile and a half later at a hotel. Here is one of the water taxis that takes you from one end to the other.
Yes, we will be safe in such an area. There are plenty of police on horseback to protect us on any shopping excursions we may venture out on.
Needless to say, we would like everyone to visit us! We are sad to report we won't be posting anymore sledding pictures after March but I'm sure they will be replaced by pictures of the kids playing in the sand. On that note, does anyone want to buy a lovely 4 bedroom on a half acre in a cul-de-sac? I know of one if you're interested!

6 comments:

97Porche said...

I don't think you'll be posting any sledding pictures before, after or during March once you get to Texas.

Glad to have Y'ALL back.

Gig'Em

Kara said...

SOOOOO sad;o( But it's always great to know I have a friend in Texas to visit! After the baby is born, I will have to make a trip down!!! Promise! We are going to miss you lots!!!!!!!!!

ellis said...

I just reaized we can do conference calls for our small group...no need to cut the string!

Loren said...

sorry, Court was signed in to check her email...I'm sure you could figure out who it was from, but i just like to talk

Amy said...

We will miss you here in NY...

Out of curiosity what are you asking for your house?? A 4 bedroom on a cul-de-sac would be awesome...probably just a wild dream though!

Kara said...

OKAY your letter is "R"...happy mem'ing!