
This past weekend our friend Ryan had us over to his dad's house. He lives out on the lake and owns a marina. No, we did not go sailing but we did play on his sailboat. His dad actually sailed to Florida for the winter last year and mostly stayed in the cabin of this boat. I don't think he's used it much since then because it had a lot of cobwebs on it. We had a good time pretending we were sailors and the best part was.... no one got sea sick!
Avery down in the main cabin. She couldn't believe there was a kitchen, bedroom and a bathroom in that small space.

Captain Samuel leads us in very still waters...

Or is Gavin the captain? The Carrier men are a seafaring bunch!

The kids also got a golf cart ride at maximum speed by our friend Scott.

We also learned a new game although I'm still not sure what it is called. Ladder throw, ladder horseshoes, redneck horseshoes??? The idea is to throw two golfballs on a string and try to have it land on a ladder. The higher the rung the higher the points. Her is our friend Stephanie trying to go for the gold.

Samuel loves him some frisbee.

I think Avery was a squirrel in a former life. She has been collecting nuts at school and anywhere else she can find them. Of course her daddy showed her how to throw them at people!

I know you grandparents don't like this sort of picture but Gavin and I thought it was pretty funny. When Samuel doesn't get his way he is what we call "a silent pouter." When his sister didn't give him the frisbee at the exact second he wanted it this was the result. He walked about 20 yards from where the rest of us were and sat under this tree. I, being the sensitive mother I am, took a picture of him. I bet he'll love this one when he gets older.
1 comment:
Man, your kids are cute! Glad you are enjoying blogging land...see you Thursday my dear!
Post a Comment