Friday, September 19, 2008

Random Randomness!

For those of you who check my blog to see pictures of my kiddos, this is not the post for you. I have been tagged by my friend Kara to write 6 random factoids about myself. She of course had to do this first and now I have to tag six bloggers as well. Jokes on her because my only blogging friends (except 1) have already been tagged! I've been thinking about this for a couple of days but I don't know how interesting any of this stuff is.........well, here goes..........

1. My senior year of high school I had to go to the doctor because my jaw was swollen shut. My choir teacher was afraid I had lock jaw. The doctor couldn't figure out any medical reason for the swelling but later I remembered I stuck my entire fist in my mouth the day before. Don't ask me to show you this trick. I retired after my doctor visit! Oh yeah, my dad knew our Doc pretty well and later told him what had really happened. Thanks Dad!

2. I guess if I'm ratting out my parents...my mom wouldn't let me play in a kickball league (yes, we have kickball leagues in Texas) when I was in elementary because my sister Krisi didn't like it when she was a my age.

3. I had maroon hair when I was a freshman in college! My footwear of choice that year was Doc Martin combat boots. I wore them with everything.....pants, shorts, and even dresses!

4. When I was in 4th grade my brother and our friend Tony tripped me with a jump rope and broke my front tooth. Tony ran home and I'm not sure what my brother Brad did but when I went inside with my bloody face I looked at my dad and he said "talk to your mother." My next door neighbor painted my tooth and exposed nerve with clear fingernail polish. I have had 4 fake teeth since then but Brad and Tony don't chip in for the replacements! How unfair!

5. My biggest fear is not heights or drowning or anything normal......I'm afriad of going under a bridge or overpass if there is something large on it like a train or big truck. I cringe every time and Gavin makes fun of me. I always say "you'll be sorry when I get crushed by something someday."

6. Apparently when I am first asleep I have arm scratching ritual. I stick one arm straight up in the air and lightly rub my fingertips along the inside of my forearm. After awhile it starts to tickle so I scratch the same place ferociously. Gavin finds this wildly amusing but the more amusing part is that I've seen Avery do the same thing. It's not learned, it must be genetic. Do you do this mom???

4 comments:

Kara said...

No wonder your teeth look so perfect...you had them "done"..hehe! I cannot wait to see your arm scratching ritual...tell Gavin to tape it some night!

Loren said...

I think you should try to lick your elbow now...it's safer...and can't be done!

97Porche said...

Your supposed to jump over the rope, not trip on it.

The arm thing probably is genetic. Kyla has caught me petting my arm while in bed.

97Porche said...
This comment has been removed by the author.